1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Jessie has a new friend!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by AZmama, May 29, 2007.

1. AZmama

AZmama Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2007
    Poor Jessie has been very upset by the loss of Chicky on Saturday. The feed store was FINALLY open this morning [​IMG]

Introducing Jessie and her new friend (yet to be named):
    [​IMG]

She is an Americauna.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

My dc can't decide on a name. My dd wants Cylindia, my ds wants Bear. I may just have to pick a third name so they will both be equally disappointed. [​IMG]

2. missusduray

missusduray Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    Northern Minnesota
    How about "Fuzzy" or Red. Both good unisex names. Congrats, glad that Jessie has a new friend! poor chickie, we miss her!
    Kristyne

3. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    It is a very cute chick, my daughter is standing here and she thinks you should name it reeses. Because it looks like a reeses peanut butter cup. She also says it looks like aprincess, but that is the thoughts of a 9 yr. old talking. Anyway just some ideas.

4. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I have an americauana that looked like that when she was a fuzzy (I had some that looked like chipmunks too). I named mine Big Bertha because she was the biggest chick out of all 24 of my chicks and she had a big head. She is now the most beautiful chick at 4 weeks old. She has blond feathers on her chest, very pretty.

I'm sorry about your other chick but I'm happy that you got a new one for the surviving chick. Chicks really should have a companion.

5. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    Hey, is she rumpless? She almost looks like she may be!

6. SarahF

SarahF Chillin' With My Peeps

she is adorable. I agree with Bear. My brother in law's nickname is Bear because his hear is always puffy like that.

7. AZmama

AZmama Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2007
    Well the new girl has officially been named by dh. He looked at her pics online, called me from work, and said her name is SNICKERDOODLE! [​IMG]
    Thank you for all your suggestions!

Hey, is she rumpless? She almost looks like she may be!

I have no idea what the difference is. I'm fairly new to the chicken world. [​IMG] She does already have a few tiny tail feathers.

Quote:I would love to see pics of the difference between Big Bertha and your "chipmunks." I passed over the chipmunk-marked ones thinking they will look like the Americauna/EE we already have. We wanted something different. I would love to see what she may look like.

They seem to get along good, other than a little getting-to-know-you pecking. The only thing is, their favorite place to peck each other is in the eye!
    They are sooo cute snuggled up together!​

8. michellerene

michellerene Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Graham, WA
    Quote:That's too much! I have a buff orp named Snickerdoodle & my husband named her! [​IMG] What is it with men & cookies?!

9. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I would love to see pics of the difference between Big Bertha and your "chipmunks." I passed over the chipmunk-marked ones thinking they will look like the Americauna/EE we already have. We wanted something different. I would love to see what she may look like.

I don't have any pics handy but I can get some later. The only thing I can tell you is the ones that look like your babe has grown so far to be beautiful blond breasted cuties and the ones that looked like chipmunks are more speckled with a little bit of blond on their chest. Bertha has more blond than my others though.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by