Jethro isnt the baby any longer! : )

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by theOEGBman, Jun 7, 2008.

1. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Well,

Most of you have seen my thread on Jethro, my pigeon baby. He's out and about now, flying like a champ, and his parents decided that they want new babies! I'll keep you all updated on how these go. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Oh boy, they are one busy pair!

3. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Your pigeon is beautiful! I just love pigeons, what kind is he?

4. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    [​IMG] Silkie! They sure are!

Thanks, Sparrow! She is a Komorner Tumbler. The boy is a lighter color than her.

5. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

God I love this breed, they are gorgeous. I can't wait for more pictures of babies and to watch them grow! I want a pet pigeon so bad [​IMG]

6. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Whoa! Again? Well, the mama looks healthy, shiny, and beautiful, but sheesh, she needs to take a break, LOL!

She is just gorgeous, Jordan! How is everyone else? We need updates on all your critters again. [​IMG]

7. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    I totally agree, Madison. They are pretty cool, you definitely need to get one!

Yes, Lynn! Again! She probably does need to take a break, but when I remove the nest, she lays them on the ground! It doesnt seem to bother her much, so its ok with me,lol. Thanks! Everyone else is doing great, Addy decided to go broody and she will NOT move. Im not falling for it this time, I dont need more birds,lol. I also have a broody NN bantam, but she's out of luck as well. Hmm... Everyone is doing great, that's all I can think to say,lol.

8. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Such pretty birds! My pigeons were "overactive" too - they would still have a baby in the nest and have another nest going across the pen! My Birmingham Rollers gave a whole new meaning to the word "prolific" [​IMG]

9. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Thanks, BDR! Gosh, I think your name is Crystal,lol. Seriously though, they are crazy. This pair actually laid two new eggs about 2 weeks ago, but they baby got them all messy and I tossed them. So they would have new babies now if the baby would have moved on out! Its pretty crazy.

10. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Wow J! They are determined to have babies at your place, huh?! hehe

Is she just sitting on the two eggs or are there more directly under her?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by