Jethro was off her nest for approx. 4 hours today, BUT...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gritsar, Aug 18, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    it was roughly 100* F during that time.

Is it a problem? Dimwit silkie went back to the wrong nest after her daily constitutional! [​IMG]

These eggs are very important to me. [​IMG]

2. Heathero617

Heathero617 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    I dunno, i would assume so but i have to laugh and say perhaps shes' teaching YOU to call a lady Jethro!!! best of luck with your eggs!

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    They'll be fine, dimwit sorta knows what she's doing. [​IMG] It ain't her first rodeo......

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  4. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
  5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:This is true, Dimwit has managed it a couple times before. Still my heart sank when I peeked in the coop and saw her on the wrong nestbox. Funny part is...the nest she went back to had all green eggs in it. Please don't tell me that the little twit has a color preference now. [​IMG]

Thanks y'all. Baby cochins here we come! [​IMG]

Side note to Heather - blame all the BYCers that swore up and down Jethro had to be a male. [​IMG]

6. Heathero617

Heathero617 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    Quote:This is true, Dimwit has managed it a couple times before. Still my heart sank when I peeked in the coop and saw her on the wrong nestbox. Funny part is...the nest she went back to had all green eggs in it. Please don't tell me that the little twit has a color preference now. [​IMG]

Thanks y'all. Baby cochins here we come! [​IMG]

Side note to Heather - blame all the BYCers that swore up and down Jethro had to be a male. [​IMG]

Hey i have a girl out there everyone here swore was a male too!! Not a peep does she make although still no eggs, but no one is giving me eggs yet so.... but she's definately a she!! Fooled a ton of people here tho!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by