Jezebel plays hide and seek

I had 5 chicks that every night as adults I had to put them on the roost. Then I bought 2 older hens who just decided from day one to sleep on the roost - so the others followed - I have one that has to sleep in the nesting box - because she lays her egg at night - so if i let her sleep anywhere else -t here is an egg on the coop floor in the morning.

I think they got used to me tucking them in at night - cause every night i come out and they are waiting for me to pet them now... so it's all good

Haha, I recently got a 21 hole nesting box and my younger chook'ns roost on them 24/7
roll.png
I have to go and scoop'em all out of the nesting boxes ( which includs - 15 - 20 chickens
roll.png
) -
tongue.png

LOL When I got my Buffie's they REFUSED to sleep on the roost with "the big scary chickens" so every night I have to go out before dark and close the boxes so that they can't get in there... But, the lil' one that I hatched (Winchester, LOL The daddy's name is Remington...hehe.) decided not to sleep on the perch because his mommy boots him off...He tries to sleep on the end of the nest boxes! URGH! So, when I go in, I have to move him to a different level of the perch than his mommy so he can sleep peacefully!

So - we are all going out and putting our chickens on the roost every night -

so - are we training the chicks or are they training us?

I figure that since I give them a cuddle when I move em -t hey may just l ike being put to bed with the cuddles..

I also have a rooster that when ever he gets "cocky" I just grab him and cuddle him and pet him. I am scared that he is learning that when he wants to be held he has to come up and act big and bad... lol -hopefully he'll figure out he doesnt have to attack my feet to get a cuddle... lucky hes a lil banty - so he's not much of a threat - and he does stop when I yell "no" at him. He always gets that "what" look and backs off. Sooner or later he will learn that I am way bigger than him - but I still wear jeans when I go out there... lol

Quote:
A dear BYC friend of mine has a flogging banty. I know it's a serious issue when a rooster flogs you, but I can't help but laugh every time I think about it. I keep offering to send my 13 lb. roo to her to let him teach her little bitty roo a lesson about flogging.
lol.png

All 3 of mine have decided recently that the buckets make good beds. I have no idea why they would change now, they're 3-5 yo. I've given up on changing their minds for now.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom