Jezebel the chicken spy - she finally shut up!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Jul 20, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Jezebel is a 2 year old light brahma hen. This hen has not shut up since she was a chick. She used to sing herself to sleep in the brooder. Once she found her adult voice her singing turned to squawking and she squawks non-stop. She mumbles in her sleep even.
    So, now I have a second flock of 6 week old chicks. For the most part, when the chicks are out free-ranging the adults ignore them completely and stay as far away as possible from the chicks. Except Jezzie.
    I supervise the chicks while they free range and I've been watching Jezzie as well.
    Every day as soon as I let the chicks out Jezzie slips away from the adult flock and slowly makes her way down to the area where the chicks are. She tries to be sneaky. She'll forage a little bit, look at the chicks, move a little closer to them and then start foraging again. Being quiet as a church mouse the whole time.
    After Jezzie gathers all the information necessary she goes running back to the main flock, squawkiing the whole time.

Just once I'd like a glimpse into a chicken's mind to see what this is all about. [​IMG]

2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Too Cute!

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Chickens are so strange sometimes! They will always puzzle us - we'll never understand them completly!

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Chickens are so strange sometimes! They will always puzzle us - we'll never understand them completly!

This is so true. Every time I think I've got them figured out, they change their behavior. [​IMG]

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:This is so true. Every time I think I've got them figured out, they change their behavior. [​IMG]

Hehe - Yes chickens do some pretty crazy things! Everyday I get more confuzed! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by