JG eggs are here! / Day 14 candling update! / HATCHING! / Pics!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Yaay! I got my Jersey Giant eggs from ZuniBee / Jay this morning! 14 of them!
    Thank you so much! The packaging was great --- each egg individually bubblewrapped and cushioned with more bubble wrap (I love bubblewrap) and shredded paper.
    Best of all, I candled them and ALL the air cells are intact --- not a wobble to be seen!
    I'll set them this evening (have to do some rearranging in the bators to make room in the 'good' bator) and let you know how they are growing next week.
    Please thank Belle and Henrietta for the beautiful eggs [​IMG]
    Lisa

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  2. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Good luck! I'd love to hatch some JGs in the future. They look like great birds!

Besides, anything that huge has to be calm and gentle.. right? LOL!

3. ZuniBee

ZuniBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Zuni, Virginia
    I'm so glad they made it! I can't wait for candling! I have 9 of henrietta's and belle's eggs on day 20 today. Four have pipped!

Good luck and keep us updated!

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Good luck with them! [​IMG]

5. Oh Jay, can't wait to see the chicks!

My pal, Debi, and I both have 4 black Jersey Giant hens but haven't had any luck finding JG roos (at least nothing reasonably local).
    I was squealing at the keyboard when Jay offered eggs!
    I'm hoping to get an extra cockerel from the group so I can share [​IMG]
    Lisa

6. Wow!
    Candled again today (Day 14) and 13 of the 14 are kicking.
    All 14 had started when I candled before, but one has stopped since then.
    That's the absolute BEST results I've ever had from shipped eggs!! Thanks Jay!
    Big [​IMG]
    Lisa

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Wow! That is great! [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Taught him everything he knows, LOL. [​IMG]Good job, Jay! Congrats, Lisa.

9. Yeah, and you learned 'how to package eggs' from me. What a circle it is [​IMG]

Lisa

edit: I'm glad you adopted my burrito-method (and lots of bubble-wrap) and passed it on. Jay's box was the only box of eggs I've ever received that I didn't cringe as I unwrapped the box. You can't imagine how much I appreciated that.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It sure is, Lisa. We all learn from each other, don't we? What BYC is all about.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by