JG or Australorp? Any thoughts? Pics included.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NewChickHere, Mar 16, 2012.

1. NewChickHere

NewChickHere Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered 26 chicks from McMurray and today all of the chicks are 5 weeks old and doing great. In my order of mixed breeds I ordered ONE Australorp. However, the more I check her out, the more I'm wondering if she isn't a Black Jersey Giant. [​IMG] Anyone else have thoughts on this? I will not be really happy if she is a BJG because the Australorps lay many more eggs etc. We named her Tracy and she is super sweet and will keep her of course, but I really did want an Australorp too. They will probably just refund my 3 whole dollars huh? I know they can't send just one out and honestly, I don't want to go back to baby stage right now. I'm enjoying the 5 week old stage quite a lot. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feet bottoms. They look pretty yellow to me, what do you think?
    [​IMG]

2. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Looks like the bottoms of her feet are yellow making her a Black Jersey Giant

3. chicken241

chicken241 Out Of The Brooder

It looks like JG to me. Its hard ordering one chick of a breed caus esome times they get mixed up sorry for the bad luck hope you have beter luck next time thow

4. Smallflockchickens

Smallflockchickens Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2012
    Arizona
    I have an aussie, and when that age, she had no white on her body at all, so I would say JG!

5. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Yellow feet = JG. Pink feet would be BA.

6. NewChickHere

NewChickHere Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks everyone. I feel pretty safe to say she is a JG. As much as I wanted an Australorp I really do like her. She is very sweet. I just know her egg production is not suppose to be as great as an Aussie but we'll make it. Thanks for the replies. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by