Jigglers

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sphinx, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    When do the eggs normally start jiggling? I don't remember seeing them move until they were getting ready to pip the first time I hatched eggs.

This morning, I was turning my eggs (day 12) and several of them jiggled.

Is this normal or do I have exceptionally smart chicken embryos? Or am I hallucinating?

2. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    i have no idea, I'm on day 15 of my first hatch and would love to see this. Mine jiggle all the time..when I bump what the bator is setting on! LOL

3. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

I'm jealous! I've been watching for "jiggling"!!! [​IMG]

4. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Genrally around PIP. I would think the embryos are a bit too small to jiggle the egg just yet. I bet you bumped them [​IMG] fun though isn't it?

5. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Quote:Bumped them? Yeh, like when I "accidentally" tapped the side of the hatcher.... and I call them "chickie, chickie, chickie," or tap on the glass like a kid in a pet store??? No, I don't do that. [​IMG]

6. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    I sang "I see a tiny tiny TUUUUURKEY, a tiny tiny TUUUUUURKEY!"over and over to my turkey poults during incubation and the tune got more excited as they hatched.

Ok, so I still sing it to them. [​IMG] They are so stinking cute...two of them....they let me hold them when I watch TV anad they just cuddle up and sleep. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by