jimmie there's FISH in the house!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by maplesky7, Oct 20, 2008.

1. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Okay so this thread is dedicated to my dad. It's a fish story.

Are you reading fishermama?

This weekend I went fishing with my 2 young girls off my mom's dock who lives on a man made lake. It was no biggy. Had a visit from my sister and her family...so 3 kids, mine...2 & 7 and her son, 3...and her baby doesn't count. I had 2 kid poles and a ugly stick to go between her hubby, me, and the 3 kids. The 2 & 3 year old lost interest immediately when they did not catch fish as soon as they dipped their poles in...and dip thier poles in was what they did...not the line....the tip of the pole...

I set mine in and within that instant a small mouth bass grabbed hold. The kids were really excited. Each had a turn holding it. Then my 7 yr old got a blue gill. Then she got a crappy. Within the hour we fished she caught 6 fish total. I caught 3. Now granted they were small...but to little kids any fish bigger than a 26 cent goldfish is big.

We had fun teasing my bro in law for we were standing together on the dock or on the shore and he'd be standing there forever and not get a one. My dd comes along with her pink Barbie pole plunks it in and she's got a fish! Oh man it was a riot.

He gave up and went and watched the Bears game----GO BEARS!!!

The little ones went in to play and I had a really awesome time hanging out with my 7 year old. She'd get so excited when her bobber would go running off...she'd stomp her feet and say, "WHY YOU....Give me back MY worm!" and reel it on in.

Some of those fish were so small but they were so determined to have those worms we caught them without hooking them...they just wouldn't let go of the tip of the worm until we had them flipping on the dock.

It was fun. And just REALLY special to have that one on one time with my little girl.

-------------------------------------------------------

And the title of this thread was a fun story my family likes to reminisce....

My parents had fish for dinner one night and left it out on the counter and went to bed. My sister comes home from waitressing late one night and finds the cat licking the fish. She goes into my parents room and rouses my mother and asked her what she wanted her to do with the fish?

My mom shoots up hysterical and starts shaking my dad vigorously and says, "Fish? There's fish in the house? Jimmie, Jimmie...there's fish! There's fish in the house!" So my dad jumps out of bed, huh? huh? And my mom is exclaiming..."There's fish in the house!"
    Well, that sure confuses the heck out of my dad and he's standing there all in his undies and confused about what he's supposed to do....

and my sister says, Noooooo. You left supper out and the cat is licking it...what do you want me to DO with the fish?

anyway...to this day me and my 3 sisters like to tease mom and we always get all high pitched and delerious and say, "fish? there's fish in the house? jimmie, jimmie...there's fish in the house!"

oooooh sigh. That's a fun memory.

so if you EVER see me some where saying....fish? there's fish in the house?

you'll understand there's always a reason for my madness.

and no bluey...it was never aquodots! I told you it's natural.

see my parents? now you can understand, yeah?

me,
    g

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  2. geckomama

geckomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Lordy it sounds like my family! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. pullet2hen

pullet2hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Arizona
    I have a 7yr old too and the one on one with her is priceless!! Tears of joy to you! :eek:)

4. pullet2hen

pullet2hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Arizona
    :eek:)
    Who is he..... I ment
    [​IMG]

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Cute story. Both of them. [​IMG]

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    pullet2hen...are you saying you have a 7 yr. old son?

your clarification confused me more...ha ha.

and fishermom....you need to respond.

It's about FISH!

me,
    g

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by