Jinxed :-(

happyhens1972

Songster
6 Years
Jul 24, 2013
Worcester, UK
Well, I said to a member the other day that I hoped I hadn't jinxed my eggs by saying my R Com 20 is amazing and I always get a really high hatch rate.....then I come home from work today to find we have had a power cut. The incy was back up to full temp and humidity by the time I came home but I have no idea how long the power was out so it could have done irreparable damage. I shall wait a couple of days to candle them and see what damage was done. Soooooo hoping they are OK :hit:idunno

@Wickedchicken6 where's your story about the eggs that got cold?

I just looked at that thread (just looked through Wickedchicken6's started posts) and it does give me hope, at least, but the next door neighbour just text me back to say the power cut was a couple of hours and my eggs are much 'younger' than the ones in the thread.

I just looked at that thread (just looked through Wickedchicken6's started posts) and it does give me hope, at least, but the next door neighbour just text me back to say the power cut was a couple of hours and my eggs are much 'younger' than the ones in the thread.
A couple of hours really shouldn't hurt, the incubator doesn't go down to room temp instantly. By day 12 they've passed the real fragile stage.

Back
Top Bottom