Jj We Got Eggs!!!

Jenlyn9483

Crowing
14 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Yesterday we got our first egg it was really small. One day before they turned Six weeks. Today they turn 6 weeks and we got a regular size egg. We are going to mark the eggs and save them til our ebay eggs get here on monday then start them out at the same time. I'm mainly anxious to check fertility. We are building another incubator now. I think from here on out we will be setting batches every 4-5 days. The quail operation is UNDER WAY!! Thanks JJ!

Last edited:
hi my name is Blackeagle this is my 3rd day here in this chat room i see you say you have tiebatan quails?I am looking for rarely seen quail breeds and looking for only pairs of each.I have different pics. of some of the types and breeds and colors I'm looking for. E.mail me and I and I'll send you some of the types of pics. of the different breeds and colors i'm looking for.
I live in panama city florida.
if you know anyone that has different rare breeds and colors of the quails like the pictures I will be sending you after you e.mail me please tell me.
Thanks

Jenlyn9483, I received some EW' chicks from JJ as well and they have really put the weight on. They are looking so beautiful. Good luck with your quails. You couldn't have asked for better foundation stock.

blackeagle, I have noticed that you have posted a couple of times on here looking for your different colors of quail. You would probably have more success and get more replies if you start your own thread. Just a word of caution to you. You stated that you are only looking for pairs of colors. Button quails should be housed in pairs not coturnix. The males can be brutal during breeding season and can actually kill a single hen by over breeding. Coturix should be house with no less (preferably more) than 3-4 hens per male. I don't want to see you starting off on the wrong foot and being unhappy with your birds.

JJ has great stock. If you want more blood, you know who to ask
wink.png

We got two eggs today. I think we have 13 females and 9 males in this batch so maybe tomorrow we will get three or more. We are going to start culling some of the males soon, you can DEFINITELY tell its Mating time!

Back
Top Bottom