JM Hatchery Le Poulet Noir

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by SamG347, Feb 27, 2009.

1. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    These are JM hatcheries new line of Black freedom rangers. They are a slower grower than the Red/Buff varieties but are still an amazing bird. Check out JM hatchery for more details.
    [​IMG]
    They are:
    Black Feathered
    Black Shanked & Black Beaked
    Thin White Skin

http://www.jmhatchery.com/

2. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    These are great for people with ethnic backgrounds but they clean up terrible... Even if they grew to the weight of the cornish in 8 weeks I still would stay away as the black pin feathers are a nightmare, especially in younger 12 week old birds.

That's good that JM is working on a solid black broiler as they are desired by a lot of people in this country.

3. SamG347

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Yes, personally I like the Colored aka reds, buffs, and tri-color birds more. But might give the blacks a shot. Sure they take longer than the cornish to reach butchering weight but that is something many people are now desiring. I esepcially love the multiple colorations and the health/vigor of these birds. Can't wait to get my first order!
    And Joel is becoming a good friend. Great guy and great operation.
    [​IMG]

4. Patch of Heaven Farm

Patch of Heaven Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Hi Sam! I am ordering some Colored Rangers soon. Just can't decide on the number of chicks! [​IMG] But we are working on fencing off 3/4 an acre for them so they will have plenty of room to range. [​IMG] Now just got to get the bees in thier new home. [​IMG]

5. SamG347

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Patch did you order some bees???
    WOOOT
    [​IMG]

6. Patch of Heaven Farm

Patch of Heaven Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep I did!! Should be here in April!! I also ordered 100 Colored rangers!!! [​IMG]

7. SamG347

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    From the same place I ordered from?
    [​IMG]

8. vyvial

vyvial Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Quote:Really? come on, now.

9. vyvial

vyvial Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Quote:Why do you like these better than the colored mix? Or do you? I guess I should ask which do you prefer?

10. SamG347

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    I have not tryed the Poulet Noir. I was just spreading the word about Joels new bird. I'm getting my first colored rangers this summer so I will see then I guess.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by