job- please read!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ohiogoatgirl, Jan 26, 2011.

1. ohiogoatgirl

ohiogoatgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    ohio
    wasn't sure where to post...

i need a job. i am 18 and hard working. i have about 8 years of dairy goat experience and am willing to learn. i would like to stay close but i cannot find a farm job so i am willing to travel now. i have two saanen does that are bred to a nice saanen buck for kidding in may. i can bring them if you're looking for new does. i also have my eye on two white angora does that i haven't bought yet but could buy and bring if you're also interested in them. i don't have to bring my goats if you're looking for a farm hand but not wanting to add to the herd. i am a great gardener and cook. i can clean house, anything. i'm very hardworking and willing to learn new skills. i can work with any animals. i don't have much tractor type skills but like i said, i'm willing to learn.

please [​IMG] please [​IMG] please [​IMG]

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Here's wishing you find something!

3. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Best wishes in your job search. You sound like an admirable young person.

4. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Quote:Way to go! Best wishes finding a job! Be very careful though, there are a lot of not-so-nice people out there that would love the chance to take advantage of you! [​IMG]

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Where in Ohio..............

6. ohiogoatgirl

Jan 4, 2011
    ohio
    i'm in harrison county.
    i've been trying to find a job that i could drive to and be home everyday... but the closest job i've found so far was 2 hours away and then the person said i was too young... [​IMG]

7. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

You need to give seminars to other young people who have no direction in life. I work part time in a mom and pop grocery store and am appalled at the YOUNG healthy men who come into the store using a LINK card. Now, let's don't start a big debate here, I am talking about guys who are young, healthy, no physical or mental issues and stay home playing video games all day with NO idea of where to go or what to do for a vocation. I live here, know them, watched them grow up with some potential and they have turned out to be lazy guys who have NO direction in life. I am just appalled. My DS made some bad decisions growing up, but he worked from the time he was old enough to drive and has never been without a job for longer than 3 weeks . . .it worries me about the way this countries youth is headed, and then this wonderful young adult comes on and tells her story!!! Renews my faith.

I am so impressed with you, and wish I had some ideas for you. It would be awesome if you could find a big goat farm/family with lots of kids and you could be a goat nanny to the baby goats and a human baby nanny to the human kids!!! Good luck!!!! And, also be careful. It's sad to say its a dangerous world out there, but it is.

8. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Wish you were closer, I would pass your name on to a friend that is looking for someone reliable to clean horse stalls and Feed in the morning and evening, plus she is looking for goats, LOL!

9. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:Sorry your to far, I could have used some help taking care of my birds. Best of luck finding a job.

Yes be careful for sure.

10. ohiogoatgirl

Jan 4, 2011
    ohio
    i don't mind moving for a farm hand job.
    and the goats aren't a must but i would like to keep them if it's possible.

thanks whispering winds. i wish my dad saw that in me. i mean i don't drink or smoke or anything. heck i don't like shopping that much. unless its for farm stuff. most of the people in my area are like you explained... only alot of them are upper 20s and older and have kids... and live with their parents and sit around playing video games all day. and bum off the system. [​IMG] [​IMG]

anyway...

ya, california is kinda far... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by