Jody, your eggs are freaking me out!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Cara, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I just went to check on them and be a nerd watching them wiggle, and one of them cheeped so loud it freaked me out and I ran into the front room. My husband thinks I am insane, because it had stopped (of course) by the time he came to see. How long before they hatch do they cheep? I have a chorus of cheeping if i put my ear to the incubator, but the super wiggly one is noisy!

2. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    When I read your posts,
    I had this mental picture of you running through the house scared half to death!!!

[​IMG]

3. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] haha yeah I can imagine you leaning down and all the sudden hearing "CHEEP" and you running screaming into the night, flailing.

4. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Watch close for the little cracks. They're coming...... moooohhhhaaaahhahahhahaaa

5. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I did LOL I have the worst nerves! We have rattlesnakes bad here and you wouldn't believe the number of times I jump at nothing every day [​IMG]

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Cara.....OMG... [​IMG] [​IMG] I can see you now....running through the house, arms flailing.." ITS PEEPING, ITS PEEPING" [​IMG] Ohhh wow, you all really know how to make a bad day end GREAT!!!

7. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I think my husband is glad he'll be gone this weekend. Let's just say poultry aren't his thing. If only I could hatch guns or horses LOL

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Hatching horses would be nice.... Though you'd need one hell of a big incubator!

9. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    By the size of these eggs Jody sent, there could be a Shetland or two in there.

10. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    just to jump off topic for a second -- cara how is the new puppy??? did you still want the hens I have here? if not thats no problem.

how many eggs are you waiting on to hatch? what kind of babies will these be?

good luck with the hatch

Julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by