Joey The Goose may have granuloma

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Kalsti, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Kalsti

Kalsti Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2013
    For the least few days Joey has been picking and chewing at the area on her chest (where the 5" long wound that was debrided two months ago had healed). She had been placed on antibiotics twice daily for a month. I have checked the area twice and there does not seem to be any drainage or redness. She is eating, drinking and pooping great. The Vet said that it could be a granuloma under the scar area where there is still a scab. Does anyone have information on this? I tried to research it but could not find much in relation to geese granulomas following a wound debridement. Hope she is going to be ok. Please advise if you know about this? Thanks all!

2. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Sorry to hear your goose may have continued problems. I am not familiar with granuloma. Is it similar to proud flesh? What does your vet recommend?

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote: Any updates on Joey? and any updates on goose at park that was by it self?

4. Kalsti

Jul 31, 2013
    Well she is being seen on Friday morning....still eating and drinking well. I sent you an email asking about her staying out in the elements while she is pending the trip to the Vet. Have not been to the park/lake for 3-4 days.....so will plan to get there tomorrow!
    Thanks for asking Miss Lydia!

5. RURU

RURU Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    Keep us posted on Joey and how things are going with her and the vet visit please.

6. Kalsti

Jul 31, 2013
    Will do! Thanks all!!!!

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    How's Joey doing today?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by