John Deere Chicken Tractor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Purdy, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Purdy

Purdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Sparta, Michigan
    Wow..... I just checked You Tube, The John Deere Chicken Tractor I built last July (2011)
    and then posted on You Tube has 1250 view most of the view were since December of this year.

I'm looking forward to building more chicken tractor to help other get started with their back yard chickens, this spring.

If the tractor is rocking don't come knocking!
    Because...... we just put our Polish rooster and hen in the John Deere chicken tractor for a romantic get away and hope to have some baby chicks this spring.

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    That's cute, from what I can tell in the little avatar! I bet if you posted the link to it on youtube, you'd get way more hits... [​IMG]

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    HOw did you make one like that??????????? It sure is a novelity!!! I love it!

4. Purdy

Jul 4, 2011
    Sparta, Michigan
    It started with a play on worlds, some of our flock-less friends wanted to know what a chicken tractor was. After several tour and selling 30 chicken coops two years ago, I got the idea for the John Deere chicken tractor. Not much a fan of tractors or John Deere stuff, but I believe chicken coop do not have to be ugly either.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I found it on youtube, its awesome!!!!1

6. Purdy

Jul 4, 2011
    Sparta, Michigan
    We also have a chicken coop tour on You Tube " Dave & Kathy's free range chicken coop
    glade you enjoyed it
    thanks

7. Purdy

Jul 4, 2011
    Sparta, Michigan
    I see member with titles like Golden feather and new egg what are the meanings or purpose of these titles

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    Very nice. I like how the grill pops out and becomes the chicken ladder into the coop.

In the video I see a windmill in the background. Is that just decoration or is it a water pump or something else?

9. Purdy

Jul 4, 2011
    Sparta, Michigan
    The windmill is a farm store bought decoration. "A fathers Day gift" from my wife and two sons.

I built the John Deere chicken tractor, to sell on Craig's List, but when I parked it next to the red barn & Silo (also a chicken coop) My wife fell in love with it.
    I really enjoy building chicken coops, mostly to help other get started with their back yard chickens.
    Someday I would like to build a 3/4 scale farm combine, painted International red and white, and call it The International Egg Harvester.
    I think that would be so cool.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  10. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    International Egg Harvester -- that's cute. Hopefully you will be able to build that one also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by