Just J party. GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPECIALLY the kitchen.
I guard my Formica territory with a vengeance... I'm the cook, I'm the boss... you help when I say, not before, nor after!
Though, I truly appreciate any offers. šŸ¤—
The house sitter I had last year when I went on vacation rearranged my entire kitchen! She was about 6' and she put stuff that I use all the time in places that I couldn't reach. I was nice about it, but inside my head I was thinking, "I have been cooking in this kitchen for more than twice as long as you've been alive. What were you thinking!"

All in good time. I get what he said. It's a tool. And tools need to be handled with respect.

I have absolutely no doubt you'll do totally fine in that regard -when your ready.

The few things I can suggest you memorize for it, and it applies to many other tools or skillsets....
Relax.
Breathe.
Focus.
Hold firm but, no white knuckles.
Repeat.

BEFORE any one picks up, let alone shoots a Firearm, it is very important and necessary that you learn Col Jeff Cooper's 4 Rules of Firearm Safety

RULE I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT

She worked her entire life and was sent to slaughter instead of retirement when she was injured. Do you know how they are sent to slaughter or how they are slaughtered? People can eat whatever they want- but cruelty is entirely optional.... .
The same holds true for all kinds of livestock. Itā€™s the people not the industry.
Money is a big driver to some people which causes them to make poor choices.

Yes. Justice.

It has nothing to do with the food chain. Although I definitely do not LIKE the horse slaughter industry, I understand why it exists. Animals being used for food is after all, the ultimate in recycling, and for many, it can be a humane end. However, our "recycling" system leaves a lot to be desired - especially in the selection and process departments. Just read a bit on Temple Grandin and her improvements to the slaughterhouse industry and you'll understand why "Justice" fits for the few that make it out of the food funnel.

This mare worked hard for her people. She gets a well deserved retirement. Not all are so lucky. So yes, it's "Justice" for Nyssa ... and for my Joey. When the system becomes totally humane, even for those going all the way through the food chain, then it won't be justice, anymore. It'll just be the full life cycle. Until then. I'm grateful for people who care enough to keep attention on the issue ... and for those with the cojones to try and change it for the better.
I agree

I will not debate horse slaughter. That gets as heated as politics or religion.
I HATE it - I understand it, but I HATE it. There are other ways. I won't do the bandwagon debate here, but I live it off-site!

All of our horses, except one) have been rescues. Our one breeder purchase was my sister's dressage mare - a warmblood cross out of a rescued (off-track) Standardbred mare by a Hanoverian stallion. Lowdee was sweet and smart, but she was a ditz. Despite being a beautiful cherry bay, she was certifiably, genetically blonde!

Our rescues - all seven of them, including a pair of very silly ponies - have been absolute gems. Sound, sane and solid. I will NEVER buy a horse from a breeder. We'll be looking for a new riding horse for DD in a couple of years - Joey's getting up there, but she's got to get through college before starting her next horse project - and we'll be looking at the rehab places around us. Every one we take in frees up space for another one - or two - to get out of the pipeline.

For what it's worth - our dogs (two, at the moment) and cats (four) are all rescues, too. Two came right off the street, one was an active mistake (... oops ... adoption ... sorry, Crazy Dog) the rest are failed fosters. I wouldn't trade any of them, even Crazy Dog, who I am gradually learning to call by her given name (Skye?) now that she's finally learned how to behave.

Even my chickens are rescues ... the main flock is of critically endangered Nankins, so we're helping to save a breed. The others are Kindergarten dropouts and their offspring - brought home from school to keep them from going to freezer camp (YOU try to turn down 17 five and six year olds asking you to "PLEEEEASE take our babies home!" I dare ya!)

I HATE it - I understand it, but I HATE it. There are other ways. I won't do the bandwagon debate here, but I live it off-site!

All of our horses, except one) have been rescues. Our one breeder purchase was my sister's dressage mare - a warmblood cross out of a rescued (off-track) Standardbred mare by a Hanoverian stallion. Lowdee was sweet and smart, but she was a ditz. Despite being a beautiful cherry bay, she was certifiably, genetically blonde!

Our rescues - all seven of them, including a pair of very silly ponies - have been absolute gems. Sound, sane and solid. I will NEVER buy a horse from a breeder. We'll be looking for a new riding horse for DD in a couple of years - Joey's getting up there, but she's got to get through college before starting her next horse project - and we'll be looking at the rehab places around us. Every one we take in frees up space for another one - or two - to get out of the pipeline.

For what it's worth - our dogs (two, at the moment) and cats (four) are all rescues, too. Two came right off the street, one was an active mistake (... oops ... adoption ... sorry, Crazy Dog) the rest are failed fosters. I wouldn't trade any of them, even Crazy Dog, who I am gradually learning to call by her given name (Skye?) now that she's finally learned how to behave.

Even my chickens are rescues ... the main flock is of critically endangered Nankins, so we're helping to save a breed. The others are Kindergarten dropouts and their offspring - brought home from school to keep them from going to freezer camp (YOU try to turn down 17 five and six year olds asking you to "PLEEEEASE take our babies home!" I dare ya!)
My 5&8 year old ask to help process. The only part I donā€™t let them see is doing the deed. Most of the time they run the hose on the plucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom