Join me in a chickie dance!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I know I know, don't count your chickens before they hatch BUT I just candled Turkey's eggs and out of the 9 she's on 3 of them are looking WONDERFUL.

Some of them may be to dark to tell but I think they're duds. She's on day 5. I see 3 beautiful 1/4" babies in the eggs and tons of veins.

The eggs with the babies will be:
    EE/Dominique
    RIR/Dominique
    & either another RIR/Dominique OR Barred Rock/Dominique (I'm leaning more towards Barred Rock/Dominique because of the color of the egg.

Turkey is doing great and she is sitting TIGHT on those eggs. I have to force her to get up to poop!

Here's the proud/grumpy momma to be:
    [​IMG]
    Here she is before her move to the mommy pen:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Gooooooooo mamma hen!! Hope she has a good hatch for you!

I love to see the pics of the ever patient hens just sitting and waiting. I wish I had that much patience!

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    She's so funny when I go into the coop she makes her back off noise and shakes her head like she's telling me "oh no you don't, these here are my eggs!"

I never thought a broody hen would be this protective! I can't even look at her without ticking her off.

4. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Got to love those broody hens, LOL. I went to gather eggs this afternoon and have one a settin', I am a sucker for baby chicks so I gave her all of today's eggs.

5. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

You have a nice little broody set up for her!

6. freeda

freeda Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2008
    Aww, she's so cute!

7. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Nothing more fun the having a mamma with babies!! Hope you get a nice hatch! My experience is that day 5 was often to early to tell. Wait a couple days, you might see more going on. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by