Join Me On My Diet - Staying The Path

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by vfem, Oct 27, 2010.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ok... so, I joined and failed REPEATEDLY since last year to lose weight. Several threads were started... many jumped on... 2 weeks later stopped posting... started up again... quit....

Basically, we all just kind fell apart! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyways... without the funds to do weight watchers, or the other trendy things... someone, on some thread mentioned Sparkpeople.com. So, I joined! Its been GREAT! I track my food, I track my fitness, I track my goals... I increase my goals... I even gave myself a ridiculous goal of losing 40 lbs. This was after I had a goal of 20, and after 3 months couldn't keep 3 lbs off, in fact I put on 5 lbs. That's when I joined up on Spark. Anyways, I have a personal page over there now, I'm Vi0lentfem there, and I would LOVE some of you who started with me here to come over there so we could still support each other... but be able to keep track of one another. My BFF joined already... orginally just as support for me because she says she fails every diet and its a waste of her time. After 2 weeks she loves it, she got serious and now she's trying to drop 80 lbs and we're both on each other. Some of our facebook friends even got in on it!

So what do you say... come over, get some support... track what we're doing so we don't lie to ourself or each other. [​IMG] I will call you out!

Anyways... I started 9/27/10, and with a struggle the first week I have managed to lose 12 lbs 2 inches in the waist, and 1 inch in each thigh! I'm so thrilled.... I even put on a size 10 jeans the other day and they fit... comfortably!! I haven't worn this size since before I got pregnant with my daughter, and she's 3 1/2 yr old!!! [​IMG]

So come, join the journey... check in here... check in there... and I figured we'd keep track of lbs lost as a group, with all of us, right here?

Who's with me!? [​IMG]

2. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats on the weight loss!!! I'm Gaialor on sparkpeople.

3. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Do you have a sparkpage set up? It won't let me find buddy's who don't have a sparkpage set up for their user name.

4. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Yay for Sparkpeople!!! I LOVE that site!!! I am PureSnowChic on there! [​IMG]

Hope to see you!

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
  6. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I really tried that wife, but man... something about it took me longer to keep my tracking going, and I like the interaction on sparkpeople.com better. In fact, I do have an account with fitday from something you told me about it on TEG!

7. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:I added you to my page... so don't freak if you see me on there. It doesn't really let me 'send' a message or anything on who I am. Anyways... I can't see you as 210. I hope you are sticking with it and doing well. How long has it been since you set your goals? I am DETERMINED to get down to my wedding weight of 140 by my 6th wedding anniversary on Feb 17 2011. I'm going to be so disappointed if I fail!!!

8. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I've been SLOWLY losing weight for a little over 2 years now, that's how long its taken me to lose the 35 pounds. I've been on Spark that long. I'll log in and add you, after you are friends you can post on each other's pages and send messages and give each other sparkgoodies. I'm not on everyday, especially right now with school. I'm kinda stuck and frustrated on a plateau. LoL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by