join my club

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sdshoars, Nov 7, 2008.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    its called the "my chickens are plenty old enough to lay, they are just lazy freeloader's" club!!! its free to join, but the price to get out of the club is a dozen fresh eggs, shipped directly to me!

today they are 21 1/2 weeks...

2. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

HAH!! 32 weeks here, baby!!! [​IMG]

3. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    21 weeks here and waiting...waiting....waiting....[​IMG]

4. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    holy cow ebony![​IMG] what breed are they?!?! i will have to make note not to get any of those, or i would run down the street screaming and ripping out my hair!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  5. Sheri&Paige

Sheri&Paige Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    26 weeks here and still only 1 hen laying!

6. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    23 weeks and counting...and hoping and wishing and crossing my fingers (and everything else!) and doing the PLEASE LAY AN EGG DANCE nightly for my hens!! All I gotta say is... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and :thun! I think they're not laying just to get some extra attention from their human momma who talks to them & pets them nightly asking nicely for an egg.
    And ebonykawai, what breeds do u have? Hope none of what I have! If so, I know my hens are really laughing hard when I'm talking to them. [​IMG]

7. frizzylizzy

frizzylizzy Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2007
    Not sure of their age (I forgot to write it down when I got them as chicks) but I have 2 Leghorns with nice bright red combs and wattles (been that way for over a month!) and one even does the "I laid an egg" song and..... nothing!!! I'll probably faint when I finally do find an egg!

Elizabeth

8. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Mine have had the bright red combs & wattles for a month too! I've noticed that they've been checking out the laying nests too, but no such luck yet. Oh well, I keep telling everyone I know that all I want for Christmas is a pretty egg from my hens! [​IMG]

9. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I would love to join the club. No eggs since june with my 3 YO BR's, My 4-5 month old EE and my 4-5 month old TSC birds.

10. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    out of 3, one layed on Nov. 1st at 26 weeks, but the other two are not. My wyandotte may lay in about 3 weeks, she just started squating, but my orpington probably won't till jan-feb or spring.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by