Joining from NE Ohio..

HeatherB

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 6, 2010
Ellsworth Twp, OH
frow.gif

I've been lurking for awhile, and I have to say this is a wonderful resource. I've learned a lot from the information people have posted here and have been much better prepared for things that come up. So far you guys and searching the BYC archives have helped me with an egg-bound hen, predator identification, a respiratory illness, pasty butt, and injured rooster first aid. The back-and-forth discussions helped me choose the best possible method to euthanize a suffering chick and make sure I did it right the first time.

So... I've posted a few times here and there too, but didn't stop in to officially say Hi! I'm a new member!
big_smile.png

I got my first six chicks at the start of August sort of by accident. It didn't take long before they started adding up... Now it's 22 assorted adults or young adults who are outside harassing my goats at the moment, a bunch of chicks in the brooder, and eggs in the incubator... And I've ordered / run through just about every hatchery color catalog I can find. My husband's tired of hearing I WANT THIS ONE TOO!! I need to slow down.
hit.gif
He does agree that we can at some point have a Yokohama roo.... I think he just likes saying it in his sushi bar voice.

They're not all staying here (I promised my husband I wouldn't keep them all!!). My uncle wants to start keeping birds again, and I'm debating which ones to keep and which ones to start him with... I think he needs a more colorful and personable ensemble than the ones he used to keep. It's funny, I used to help him with his birds, but I never liked those leghorns much. He reminded me a few nights ago that he kept about 250 of them and this ain't his first rodeo... is it possible to pick out individual personalities and make friends with 250 virtually identical birds?
hu.gif

I'm dying to get a camera outside and take some pictures of my birds. The other half is setting up a 'digital camera for the photo-challenged' for me so he doesn't have to go help. There are six out there that I'd just like to how what the heck they are... I'll hit the appropriate forum for that as soon as I get pictures
smile.png

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
from just around the corner!!!! (well, maybe from around the other side of the Arsenal!

Great to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom