Joining in on the hatching thing...Speckled Sussex

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by HenHaven, Feb 17, 2008.

1. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    I bought some Speckled Sussex eggs on eBay, and received all 14 in good shape. They went in the bator on Valentine's Day.

The incubator is right here beside my computer, humming away. This pre-set Hovabator is wonderful! The temp is right on the money, all I have to do is watch the humidity and add water once in awhile.

I will be candling the eggs next Friday, and I am excited about that. Everytime in the past, the eggs have been colors that are hard to see through. This time the eggs are light brown, and I should be able to see everything very clearly! [​IMG]

2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Welcome to the wonderful world of wacky BYC hatchers. [​IMG]

Good luck on your hatch

3. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    [​IMG] Good Luck, Lynn! They should fit in real well with the two girls I gave ya!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Lynn! You're hatching a Nelda Squad! She's the funniest girl I have. You know if you want Blue Orps or more BR's I'll move heaven and earth to get you some, right? Just say the word. I just may have some Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas in a few months, you never know...[​IMG]

5. HenHaven

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Cyn, thank you! I know you are there for me! I am sure I will need eggies for my future broodies. I have a feeling several of my girls are going to be the broody type.

C'mon little Nelda Squad! I wonder how many roos I will get?

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I wonder how many roos I will get

Not as many as I would, LOL! [​IMG]

7. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Oh Lynn, I am soooo excited for you. Yes, these 1588 are so comforting in how well they work. I will be praying for a huge hatch of pullets for you. [​IMG] I have to tell you, my first batch of SF eggs are on day 5, I CANT wait to see them!!!

8. HenHaven

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    [​IMG] @ Cyn!

Suz, I have high hopes for this hatch! I'm just a couple of days behind you! Good luck with the SFs!!! [​IMG]

9. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Quote:Not as many as I would, LOL! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by