Joining the Bandwagon-- FIRST EGG!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by anbhean, Jul 30, 2010.

1. anbhean

anbhean Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2010
    Colorado
    I am so proud of my Barred Rock, Cornelia! She just had her first egg and I must say... I think it's beautiful. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's the small one on the left, but considering the ones on the right are store bought jumbos, I think she's done good for her first go 'round!

2. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    How exciting for you gives you such a great feeling. You should be so proud:ya

3. our 5 chickie babies

our 5 chickie babies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    :)CONGRATS!! on your first egg!! We are still waiting! our babies are 15 weeks tomorrow so it won't be long now!
    JIM&LINDY

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    MN
    [​IMG]

Congratz!

5. Jasmine1998

Jasmine1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2010
    Montgomery County
    Congrats! How old was she? My barred rock laid her first egg yesterday at 17.5 weeks. Her sister looks like she will lay one soon as well. One BO looks almost ready, but the rest I do not think are anywhere near laying an egg.

6. anbhean

anbhean Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2010
    Colorado
    Thanks all! She is app. 19.5 weeks and she's my first of three hens to lay at all. I think my Delaware is getting ready (she's all combed and wattled out and starting the squat), but my other BR, who is the exact same age as the one who just laid seems to be holding out for a rainy day to start laying. Her comb is not full yet and she's probably a good two weeks behind the other two.

Is that strange that a pullet born on the same day would be maturing so much slower?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by