Joining the club:)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by japayne, Sep 1, 2011.

1. japayne

japayne New Egg

Sep 1, 2011
    Just found the site and so glad I did. New to chickens, but loving everyday so far. They are so enjoyable and everytime I see them they bring a smile to my face. We are a family of four, with two children, 4and 6, and they are so excited about the new adventure. We are all happy to be part of the family. I spent all spring building and preparing a coop for 10-12 chickens, and what started out as a small and inexpensive venture turned out to be the Taj Ma Coop. When it came time to get our chickens, we had a hard time finding some. After a period of time, we found someone in town who had purchased too many for codes to allow, so we got them, ALL of them. 21 to be exact. Needless to say, we had to scramble to erect another coop in order to house all of the chickens. They are approximately 4 months old and seem very healthy and happy. We have three breeds, RIR, Buff Orpingtons, and Black Sex-links. I wasn't going to keep them all, but once I got them I couldn't let them go.[​IMG] They're soooo cool. any way, I'm sure we'll have some of "those days", but we are very excited about our chickens. Looking forward to learning the new hobby. Thanks and have a blessed day:)

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas, japayne! So happy you joined us! [​IMG] Love the 'Taj Ma Coop.'! [​IMG] Best of luck with your 21 birds and enjoy BYC! It is a great teaching resource! [​IMG]

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG]
    you'll enjoy the chickeness of all of this... and MORE!

4. Symphony

Symphony Vanilla, Little Airt Airt

[​IMG]

5. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Sounds like you are a family of MANY! So glad to have you aboard. [​IMG]

6. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!!

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC from Ohio!

8. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.