jonasfarmstore (ebay) / Delgado Farms (Facebook)

Miss Ashly

In the Brooder
Jan 30, 2015
DFW
Has anyone else had experience with the "breeder" jonasfarmstore (ebay) / Delgado Farms (Facebook)?

I bought La Gournay and Merlerault hatching eggs from them for a steep price and they sent me absolutely gorgeous, clean and uniform white eggs that look suspicisouly like store bought eggs. None of the eggs that I received were fertilized.

Many of the images that they use to represent their flock/eggs, are photos found on the internet - often from European photographers.

Last edited:
I'd be curious to know about this, too. Is it the Delgado Farms page on Faceook that's in Texas? If it is, his public posts sound a bit shady, too. Have they not responded? You know, you can do a complaint if you used PayPal to pay him that you can get a refund?

From what I can tell, the Delgado Farms that I have dealt with is in NY. I have since discarded the original packaging, so I can't confirm the mailing address that they came from at this time.

Paypal does not typically favor buyers in egg-related disputes. I have started a claim as "item not as described / missing parts" and provided all of the information that I have been able to glean. I requested only the amount I paid for the eggs, minus the shipping charges. I think that's fair given the circumstances. The seller has yet to respond and has blocked me on Facebook. I am not optimistic that this will have a positive outcome for me, but I hope that others may find this information and avoid purchasing from their eBay store.

I have already been contacted by one individual that also bought eggs and shares my experience. I am certain that there are more people out there given the fact that this individual is intentionally baiting the lure with ultra rare breeds.

Last edited:
From what I can tell, the Delgado Farms that I have dealt with is in NY. I have since discarded the original packaging, so I can't confirm the mailing address that they came from at this time.

Paypal does not typically favor buyers in egg-related disputes. I have started a claim as "item not as described / missing parts" and provided all of the information that I have been able to glean. I requested only the amount I paid for the eggs, minus the shipping charges. I think that's fair given the circumstances. The seller has yet to respond and has blocked me on Facebook. I am not optimistic that this will have a positive outcome for me, but I hope that others may find this information and avoid purchasing from their eBay store.

I have already been contacted by one individual that also bought eggs and shares my experience. I am certain that there are more people out there given the fact that this individual is intentionally baiting the lure with ultra rare breeds.
If PayPal isn't helpful -- though I know they are part of eBay now -- you can try the route of getting other affected buyers together and sending a joint complaint to eBay. Obviously leaving them an appropriate review would be helpful too, if you haven't already done so. Ever since eggbid.com went belly up, there hasn't been any comparable source for poultry auctions...though, I must say I've seen some reputable folks with some amazing breeds for both chicks and eggs on rarebreedauctions.com. I would try them for some of your wish list breeds. A lot of the bigger, better quality breeders list on there at a fraction of the cost on their own sites. If I wasn't tapped out already this year, I'd be ordering some of the birds or eggs that I've been drooling over. lol

I just checked out their eBay....they've only been on eBay since end of June and they have one negative review about not writing on the box (causing a delay) -- and am sure that's not your review, right? Can you still leave a review?

I didn't go through eBay to buy. The seller created a webstore and facebook page. He sent me a direct invoice for the eggs.

The customer that contacted me has started her own claim at my suggestion. She did purchase through eBay.

Bummer. I'm sorry. Things like this can totally leave a bad taste in your mouth. I used to buy and sell on eBay years ago until the fees got out of control and I also had some bad buying experiences. I will stick to the specific poultry sites now for buying...though I miss eggbid.com horribly. lol

Just an update for those who search - this person is a known fraudster is being investigated for fraud. They have a long history for name changes. My short list so far is:

jonasfarmstore / del_familyfarm / delgadofarmstore2000 (ebay) / Delgado Farms (Facebook) / Angel Weaver - Delgago

I got the same thing from them and they will not respond to emails. I ordered Mottled Houdan Chicken Hatching Eggs and they looked beautiful. Wrapped right and everything. I set in my incubator sat 19 other eggs from 3 others that I ordered via the mail and sure I had like 3 that were not fertile from the other but all 6 of Delgado Farms eggs were not fertile and they have so far refused to correct it. I also ordered 2 dozen from another lady before and the shipment was bad lost all but 7 eggs they were broken. The post office paid for them and that person and I are working on a new order. Thank God for good honest chicken people.

Gary
[email protected]

Funny I sent them a new email speaking of your review and now they want to work with me. They said they are having family issues. I know these things happen and pray they will work with me and I get something for my money!

Back
Top Bottom