Jonny Anvil's.... "The Duck Hut" (still in progress)

Jonny Anvil

Songster
9 Years
May 25, 2010
Strathcona County, Alberta
Hey everyone,

Well I have been busy these past few days building a Duck house for our 7 Ducks, no longer Ducklings...lol

Here are some pics of the Coop I built for them.... I was about to shingle the roof tonight but a nice storm blew in and put that idea on hold until things dry up again.
"The Duck Hut" as we are calling for now..lol is not fully finished but will be soon enough. I want to finish putting on some trim and then I plan on painting the outside.

I made it kind of like a chicken Tractor Idea putting wheels onto on side of the 4x4 corner posts, and hooks on the other so I can move it with the tractor...lol

On the inside I used hardware cloth where there food and water go, to minimize the mess..lol As well put up some white coragate plastic on the walls.

Here are a few pics... I will post more later on...... Hope you enjoy.

DSC02874.jpg

DSC02879.jpg

DSC02880.jpg

DSC02918.jpg

DSC02920.jpg

DSC02921.jpg

DSC02940.jpg

DSC02953.jpg

Wow... Very impressive!! Im sure your ducks will be very cosy in there. Glad to see you put the hardware cloth in the floor so they can have food and water in there when locked up. A smaller area can get very hot especially in summer so having water available will be important.

Wow thanks!!!...... here are some pics of the Ducks..... here they are as young ducklings back on June 8th.

SSA53542.jpg

REALLY hard to tell who is the call duck...lol

But now lucky stands out, well they stand above him.....LOL but he still is the leader.
here they are recently.
DSC02996.jpg

DSC03026.jpg

Lucky is all black, with some white

Here is their setup....

DSC03094.jpg

That was fresh water....lol gotta love Ducks... Messy but great personalities.!!!!

DSC03025.jpg

Splashing around
DSC03027.jpg

DSC02998.jpg

DSC03000.jpg

Last edited:
Hey I used left over shingles and what i had left from my two 10x10 sheds I converted into a Coop and one a Brooder, there are seperate posts on that as well. I put on some Trim and finished the facia up top.. I was limited on shingles and did the best I could but so far no leaks inside.
big_smile.png

The dimensions are LxWxH and in feet
= 6x4x4 sloped down to rear to 3.5 feet or so.

This is all built on a base that is also 6x4 with 1 foot 4x4 posts for legs placed flush with a 2x4 box, so the base still stands at only 1 foot off the ground.

Here are some more pics

DSC03095.jpg

Imside the Duck hut.... so far so good.

DSC03089.jpg

A shot of the Deuce Coop, the Duck Hut and The Broowery, my brooder house.

Last edited:
The dimensions are LxWxH and in feet
= 6x4x4 sloped down to rear to 3.5 feet or so.

Thank you! That looks like a nice, basic economical shape for a coop. I might do something like it for my next chicken coop
smile.png
.​

Back
Top Bottom