Joplin MO F5 tornado-wanted to share

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    My son lives in Joplin MO and here are some pics he sent to me during clean up! I still can't believe this! He lost EVERYTHING and I sent a huge box of clothes so he had something. Plus many from our community had luncheons etc and helped him out [​IMG] It was SO wonderful of them! I'm so proud of him for doing all that he is doing [​IMG] And I thank god that he is still ALIVE! They had NO basement and they were in a laundry room. When it was over they had to dig their way out..no walls or ceilings left [​IMG] They lost both their cats but DID find both! One 17 days later and he was on deaths doorstep. He is now doing well [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] I'm sooo glad he (and his cats) are safe. It has been a rough year for so many people.

3. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    I am also happy to hear that your son is safe.

4. AngelzFyre

AngelzFyre Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Pell City, Alabama
    Thanks for sharing the pics! I'm so glad he wasn't hurt and also they found the cats!
    Also good to hear about all the kindness and generosity of others helping out and how giving he is after all that's happened to him. [​IMG]

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Thanks everyone [​IMG] He is such a good kid and we are so proud of him. I just can't believe he's going to be 21 already! [​IMG] I miss his baby days! [​IMG]

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I'm glad he's OK. Thank goodness!

As a cat lover, thrilled that he found the cats.

Imp

7. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Glad he's safe. It's nice he found his cats, it must help after losing everything. [​IMG]

8. Smittenroade

Smittenroade Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    North East Texas
    I went through Joplin about a week ago. Heres some pictures I took.

When we first got into Joplin we were like, "Oh, this isn't bad, the media must have overblown it." Then after about 2 miles off the highway there was UTTER DESTRUCTION. Then about 2 miles later everything was perfect again. I remember a Nissan dealership that was untouched and just on the otherside of the road looked like a bomb went off. A nuclear explosion is the PERFECT words for it, I personally didn't know a tornado could do what I saw...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car with the X means no bodies were found inside I believe.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Glad he found both cats.....what happened? Was it nearby when he found them? So glad!

Just utter mess! The power of tornadoes can not be undermined and even with F1, they still can kill you. Glad your son made it out alive and he was very lucky. He has to share his story with us how it came about and his emotions about all this.

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Glad hes okay!! Wow he had to dig himself out!? Poor kid.. [​IMG]
    Glad he found the cats okay too!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by