Josephine and her friend Arnold: Goose & Duck Video

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Arwen, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Arwen

Arwen Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2010
    Austin (the weird part)

This is Miss Josephine Goose out for a stroll with her hybrid duck friend (suspected to be a Rouen/Mallard cross). He's 7 and has been a pet of theirs the whole time.

2. Puddle Foot Farm

Puddle Foot Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Cute! [​IMG]

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    How old is your goose ? I see it has angle wing on one side, if it is already grown I dont know if it will be as easy to fix, but with young ones you can fold the feathers back in their mormal position that they should be and wrap/tape them to the rest of the wing so it stays in the position where it should be for about a week then you should be able to take it off and it will be fixed. Like I said I'm not sure how well it works with grown geese, but I just had a young one who was Angel Winged on both sides and I did that and it worked like a charm. He is also crossed beaked so he looked like a crashed airplane when I got him. Now the he just looks crashed, lol but is crossbeak is easier to over look now that he doesnt have angle wings.

4. Arwen

Arwen Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2010
    Austin (the weird part)
    Quote:Josephine was a found goose (aka she volunteered to be kidnapped from the local park where she was dumped by heinous, misinformed, ignorant...ahem...her former owners) so her age is undetermined. We believe her to be an Easter gift 2010 so that would make her young.

She does have Angel Wing sadly. I will recommend to her new family about the taping. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by