Journal- of "Tasty Acres Homestead"! Doing quite good!

tastyacres

Crowing
6 Years
Feb 23, 2017
Idaho
Journal- of "Tasty Acres Homestead"!

I am not a chat thread type person (I can never keep up with chat threads, lol) so I am starting a journal, that way you'll can get to know me and may be able to keep up with everyone.

A little bit about me-
I am a Christian girl
Live in alaska
I am home schooled along with my 7 siblings (one of witch is due in June)
I have 1 dog, 4 goats, now for animals I want to have, 1 horse/mule/donkey, 1 dexter/jersey cross milk cow, 2 cats, 35+ chickens, 15 ducks, 2 bernese dogs, 15 goats, 1 beef cow, and 4 sheep. I think that is it, if I could have all the animals I wanted you would might as well call me an animal FREAK!
I am strong willed and stubborn headed but thru my parents help they are showing me how to use it for what God wants me to do. I am not a easy one to submit either so I find it hard not to argue and talk back but I have Very Awesome Loving Parents that are willing to help me thru my struggles and show me what is right.
I have found that God has gifted me with training animals and hope to someday take it into a courier along with having my own farm (Lord willing). I have 1 dog that has had many issues such as being aggressive with the kids, bones, food, etc, and needed help so I took the step to help him thru his issues, and along with the help of my dad me and him have become a great team. We still are in training so we are not perfect in anyway but having him has really taught me some things and it has sparked a little that I will have to see where it takes me.
I like to hike, bike, playing tag, and a old favorite game is doge ball. Since we live in alaska I have a lot of things to do the summer. And did I say water, I love water. I don't like getting my face wet but who says you have to put your face under water to like water?
I also like cooking gourmet dinners.

Hope you'll enjoy the read!

Hey, TFG!
We actually moved to alaska 5-months so we are living in a trailer at my nanas house. We bought 1-acre of land and hope to build on it this summer and also my goats are down in oregon.

Boaz and me after a 1 1/2 training session

Boaz enjoying leaving Oregon for alaska

Love my boy!!!!!!!!!

Me with my tasty goat/wether. Tasty is a goober! He is always trying to get ALL the attention to himself by doing jumping acts! So I assume why you would name a pet goat "Tasty"? I got given him by a friend for our future herd sire but since he is a Nubian he has G6S so he has a breathing problem, hips are quite a bit taller than his shoulders, so we weathered him. Dad decided to name him Tasty because he was supposed to become dinner! Well, after a bad castration my dad felt bad, my mom is in love with this goat and saved him from the dinner plate but his name stuck, "Tasty! :love

Yes he very well trained :p

Hey, TFG! 
We actually moved to alaska 5-months so we are living in a trailer at my nanas house. We bought 1-acre of land and hope to build on it this summer and also my goats are down in oregon. 

Awesome! You must miss them!

Boaz looks like one of my dogs, Daisy. She's a border collie mix. :)

And that's a sweet story about Tasty, he's pretty! Bummer about his problems though. :/

Oh, brother! Leader the destroyer, lol.
Leader is our herd sire. He is 200 pounds of pure muscle and delight, oh but what did I say about destroying? He loves to climb/break fences, latches, etc:th but I still love him!

Naomi and Sugar are my beautiful milk goats!

Naomi is a stubborn brat but I like her anyway!
Sugar my sweet willing to please girls!

Naomi top goat
Sugar second

Back
Top Bottom