jsut saw the funniest thing...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mahen8622, Jan 25, 2009.

1. mahen8622

mahen8622 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    i was flipping through a hatchery catalog and in the back they have things you can buy like heat lamps and all that well i started looking closer bc i need to start thinking about a brooder establishment other than a cardboard box.. And thats when i started rolling on the floor laughing ( not literally but you know what i mean ) youll NEVER guess what i saw. They were selling a litter box for $40 as a brooder house with a light bulb place in the back of the box ( it also was one of those closed in litter boxes and then they just have the plastic curtain in the front where the cat would typically enter. They called it a no draft brooder house. It made me laugh so now im going to go buy a litter box and convert it ( i bet it wont cost $40 and i wont have to pay shippuing to get it home from wally world lol [​IMG]

2. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
    ya i saw those on ebay...apparently chicken people aren't cat people!

3. jforsness

jforsness Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I used a plastic bin like you can get at Home Depot for like 5 bux! [​IMG]

4. mahen8622

mahen8622 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    i have a kitty i saved from the humane society lol i dnt think shell give up her litter box for my chickens though lol i took her out to see my flock one day through the run fence of course nad she was terrified she doesnt mess with those "giant" birds lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by