Jubilee Eggs?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by falconchicken, Feb 25, 2016.

1. falconchicken

falconchicken New Egg

Feb 25, 2016
    So, I've got about five Jubilee hens, but I've got no idea what kind of eggs they lay! Any help? So far, we've gotten deep red eggs with a sprinkled red bloom, light brown eggs with a splashed brown bloom, a few cream eggs with a few speckles of white, slightly darker cream eggs with no visible bloom, and lighter cream eggs with no visible bloom. We have Black Copper Merans, Jubilees, Jersey Giants, Buff Orpingtons, Chocolate Orpingtons, Blue Copper Merans, White Copper Merans, a Dominique Copper hybrid, what seems to be a Bantam White Copper hybrid, a hen that looks like a RIR, and a light golden hen with a white face.

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

Jubilee is a color, I'm guessing the breed is Orpington? In that case, they should look like your other varieties of Orpingtons. Pale brown.

3. Rhodebar Lover

Rhodebar Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    I agree.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    me too

5. falconchicken

falconchicken New Egg

Feb 25, 2016
    Thank you! I had forgotten about them being Orpingtons.

6. falconchicken

falconchicken New Egg

Feb 25, 2016
    Okay. I need more egg help. I've just gotten my first soft shell. What causes these? Is it just something that goes wrong, like a double egg, or an empty egg?

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Yep, just a glitch, usually. Just keep an eye on things. The same hen may have a funky egg for a few days but should straighten out soon. New layers do weird things, so the occasional weird egg is nothing to worry about. If you have persistent issues that could be something to look into.

8. falconchicken

falconchicken New Egg

Feb 25, 2016
    Thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by