Jubilee (mille fleur) Orpington project update - PICs pg4

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hinkjc, Oct 10, 2010.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I do believe we are finally making progress with these guys. They still have lots of growing out to do, but I am seeing the pattern starting to develop on some of them and also the black chevron, which is encouraging. These are mostly the cockerels, as it is hard to show the pattern on the pullets on a picture. I will try to get some and open the wing for pictures on them, or as they grow out more I'm sure it will be more visible in pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chevrons showing in the fluff:
    [​IMG]

Here's a funky colored roo that I'm hanging on to just out of curiosity. The patterning on him is a really light tan color, not white and then the tips of the feathers are red. hmmm
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I see some real progress, Jody! Congrats!

3. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Thanks Cyn! I'm hoping we're on our way in the right direction. I'm sure we'll know more as they mature. I was hoping some folks from the mille cochin thread would take a look and provide some input. They've been working on their color for quite a while.

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Ha ha - [​IMG]
    Sorry .. but it's funny to me that 2 of the mons are on the same thread! [​IMG]
    Beautiful Orps! [​IMG]

5. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    [​IMG] They look great ! Kinda like candy [​IMG]

6. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Thanks Mark! I'm hoping they look more like candy as they grow up. We have a couple interesting color projects going, but I really enjoy this one because it's so challenging.

7. HaikuHeritageFarm

HaikuHeritageFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Anchorage, AK
    HinkJc, are these crosses between the Sussex/BO crosses and the Sussex/Black Orpington crosses on your website?

I'm working on a project with Buff Cornish and Spangled Orloffs and eventually want to get back to the tri-color pattern with my finished project, so I want to be sure I choose the right matches! You're my trail blazer, in that regard. [​IMG] These guys are looking lovely.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
  8. Tony

Tony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    [​IMG] They`re looking really good Jody, congrats to you and Charlie on another job well done. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  9. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    HHF - yes, these are from the Speckled Sussex X Buff Orp line. Thanks so much for your nice comments. I wish you luck with your project too. I bet they'll look fantastic.

Thanks Tony! They're coming along. Slowly, but getting there. [​IMG]

10. Harlequin

Harlequin Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2010
    we were given a hen from a woman the other day that looks exactly like in the first photo! i had no idea what it was, just started calling her 'the cocoa hen'.

btw i totally want to steal all your lavender aracaunas [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by