1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Jubilee Orpington and Lemon Cuckoo Marans

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NewChickLove, Mar 11, 2017.

1. NewChickLove

NewChickLove Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2016
    I am so excited, I feel like I just hit the jackpot. I bought 6 chicks from a local guy and couldn't be more in love. They are supposed to be 1 Blue Cochin, 2 Blue Splash Cochins, 2 Lemon Cuckoo Marans and 1 Jubilee Orpington. He had them all mixed together in the same brooder and I told him what I wanted. Would everyone agree that's what I got? This first one is the Jubilee
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next two are the cuckoo Marans - only one pic of the second one.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Blue Cochin
    [​IMG]
    And the 2 Splashes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This last picture is of the blue Cochin and what I suspect is a splash to show how light the one is. She is so light she is almost looks cream. Is she a splash?
    [​IMG]

Even if they are not what I was told, I'm so in love with their little fluffy butts! (Now, let's pray more than half are pullets [​IMG])

2. AmandaKyle

AmandaKyle Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Kingston, MA
    Congrats! I'm super jealous about the Lemon Cuckoos and the Jubilee Orp! SOOOOO beautiful!

3. NewChickLove

Apr 2, 2016
    Thank you! I'm having a hard time finding anything on Lemon Cuckoo Marans, but his birds sure are beautiful.

4. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    I've raised Jubilee Orpingtons for several years now and have never hatched one with such dark stripes. Do he happen to say what bloodline they are from? Did you see the breeding stock?

5. NewChickLove

Apr 2, 2016
    I did see some of his birds but I didn't ask what lines they're from. I really only wanted them for their beauty, I don't want to breed them, so I didn't ask any questions. When he pulled out the cuckoo Maran in the first picture, he said he wasn't 100% certain it was a Maran because it had a lot of darker red/gold in it, he thought it might be a Jubilee, and then picked out the one with the stripes as well. Since I wanted both breeds regardless, I said I'd take both.

6. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    Hum lemon cuckoo's. Somebody in Europe breeds them.they look Wheaten based.
    Best, Karen

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  7. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop

Best, Karen

1 person likes this.
  8. NewChickLove

Apr 2, 2016