Judge my serama cockeral please

Sseckel

Songster
9 Years
Oct 20, 2013
Southeast, IA

I just purchased him from a breeder who was willing to let him go because of size (19.1 oz). He was the only C out of his hatch, the rest looked to be A and B. I do hope to breed him to my serama hen (16oz) and OEB (14 oz).

I have never shown before though and since my eye for judging traits is still developing o would really love to hear your opinions.

I should not though that he has had no training at all so his pose is natural and could be improved a bit with some work I am sure.

Last edited:
There's no photo attached that I can see. That's an issue, of course.
big_smile.png

Secondly, the number of folks intensively breeding and exhibiting at a high level is a bit rare here. You might have more success finding at a Serama specific site where devotees and hard core breeders hang out in substantial numbers. The Serama is not one of my breeds, I don't know it's Standard and couldn't be of any help to you. Sorry

I was having some trouble getting my photos to upload form my phone, lol. I have it figured out now. I will definately post to some Serama specific sites but I am also interested in fellow recreational breeders opinions. My goal is of course to go to the standard but I have a few years to get there as my daughter is a little young for 4-H yet, though we may do clover kids this year, I am not sure that they can compete with livestock.

Last edited:
Here on BYC we have this Standard of the APA-ABA section specifically for Standard bread fowl. This is that SOP section.

There is a hobbyist type section too, call General Breed discussions or something similar. I'm pretty sure there are a couple of Serama threads on BYC as well. Best wishes to you on your future endeavors.

Back
Top Bottom