1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Juding Etiquette...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Sep 7, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    OK, so I judge for 4H and FFA shows. I also attempt to judge for open shows but it's hit and miss.

I had promised to judge one fair this year and knew about it in advance, but they were supposed to call me at least a month before it was to start. I wound up having to call them to find out when I was supposed to be there. Apparently the date had been moved and it was moved ahead 2 weeks. Guess what...I have to work so I can't judge it. I tried switching schedules with people...but to no avail.

So...I feel awful about that.

Next I find out I was supposed to judge a show this Thursday for broilers. I want to do it, but guess what, have to work. I had written down my schedule wrong and moved the show back a week. So they're down one judge from that. Then he wants to know if there is any possibility of me judging the other portion of the show on the weekend. I look and I work the evening that weekend, but can judge in the morning. He says the show is at 8AM.

You got it. I'll judge but I HAVE to be out of there by 4PM so that I can drive back to AR to go to work.

I have a feeling this week is going to be very, very frustrating and interesting...

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Meant to put...

If you're going to ask someone to judge, PLEASE call them ahead of time to allow them to make plans! Some places tell employees that they MUST ask for their days off 3 weeks in advance.

It's just frustrating... [​IMG]

I'm looking forward to the judging, but wish I could have included every place that I was supposed to be judging in my schedule. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by