Judy's pallet built chicken coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jraabe, Mar 7, 2007.

1. jraabe

jraabe New Egg

Mar 7, 2007
    Whidbey Island, WA
    I just want to say hello to the BYC fans.

I have a small home building website and one of my forum members posted a link to Judy's pallet built chicken coop.

Since the two websites are somewhat kindered spirits, I thought I'd post a link to our forum thread about Judy's coop project:
    http://www.countryplans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1173284956/0

Please stop in and feel free to explore the rest of the forum and website as there's lots of free information on inexpensive home and cabin construction. We've been at this for almost 9 years now.

John Raabe
    www.countryplans.com

[​IMG]
    One of our owner-built cabins

2. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    jraabe, Welcome to BYC. That lady has quite alot of tallent. She did wonders with just a bunch of shorter boards. Amazing what one can do if you set your mind on something.

bigzio

3. jraabe

jraabe New Egg

Mar 7, 2007
    Whidbey Island, WA
    Absolutely!

And thanks for the welcome. [​IMG]

John Raabe

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  4. leslie0815

leslie0815 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    What worked for mr is I had a camper top off an old truck it took 2 pallets on each side I nailed them together with some extra boards I had when I finished it was the exact size to sit the camper top on top of the pallets....Works great I roll the windows out when it is hot then in the cold I cover the pallets with plastic for draft control...lol I can even shut the door of the camper top to keep them in.....worked for me....[​IMG]

5. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Your talent got me inspired today as it was 81 degrees in North west South Dakota, and I built some roosts for my hens. They already have some but I'm getting chicks in a couple of days. I know they won't be able to use them yet, but I am just getting prepared. I'm addicted to them. I thought your chicken coop was pretty cool and am proud of you for building it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  6. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    Very nice!

7. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    I could not get the first link to work for me. I love pallet coops it is what I used to build mine Welcome to byc.

1 person likes this.
  8. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    The link did not work for me either.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by