July 29th Hatch along..anyone due for a hatch around then?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Cynthia12, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I have some RIR that I am excited to hatch. Always nice to find some good quality and heritage here on BYC. These Red's are going to be real pretty..the dark mahogany color. She's bred for a while.
    Anyone have anything due close to this date? Come along!

2. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    yeah i do im trying a dry hatch for the first time im hatching out RIR,WR,RSL and GSL/AMBER'S

3. Cosmopolis Chick

Cosmopolis Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    Grays Harbor
    hi, I have a (virgin) Silkie sitting on 6 Maran eggs, and 2 Silkie eggs. I bought all of them.
    I gave them to her July 4th and she has been faithfully sitting ever since.
    As I understand it I start counting the following day (July 5th), they take 21 days, and should hatch about July 25th.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Is my math OK? [​IMG] (counting my chicks before they hatch)

tia

4. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    yeah thats about right

5. wahoowifeandmom

wahoowifeandmom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2011
    Nebraska
    If all goes well, we will have some buffs hatching on the 27th. Hope your have good luck with your RIRs!

6. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    I cant wait for my BO to get here Tue-Thur i ordered from Meyer Hatchery

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I have 9 French Black Copper Marans due on 7/29 - 7/30. These are my replacement batch, the first batch didn't hatch so the seller was kind enough to replace them.

Have some Seramas due this week, but doubt it they'll hatch due to the bad power-outages we've been having! [​IMG]

If the power going ON and OFF hasn't killed my Serama and Light Sussex eggs I should have some due the 24th as well.

Good Luck to All! [​IMG]

~ Aspen

8. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Wow....welcome all...florida..I like Meyer, they are one of my more favs. when it comes to hatcheries..

Cosmo..math sounds close enough! [​IMG]

wahoo..buffs..those are such cuuute babies!

9. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I have 9 French Black Copper Marans due on 7/29 - 7/30. These are my replacement batch, the first batch didn't hatch so the seller was kind enough to replace them.

Have some Seramas due this week, but doubt it they'll hatch due to the bad power-outages we've been having! [​IMG]

If the power going ON and OFF hasn't killed my Serama and Light Sussex eggs I should have some due the 24th as well.

Good Luck to All! [​IMG]

~ Aspen

Power problems? I've been keeping my fingers crossed every time the weather hits here. We've been having thunder storms left and right. And, those Sussex..are great layers! [​IMG] No power failure..no power failure..no power failure!​

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Power problems? I've been keeping my fingers crossed every time the weather hits here. We've been having thunder storms left and right. And, those Sussex..are great layers! [​IMG] No power failure..no power failure..no power failure!

We're loving the good refreshing rain, but the dry grass and lightning is a whole different matter! [​IMG] We've had too many fires close to our house lately due to the "grass" being so dry.

Yes, the Sussex are GREAT layers! [​IMG] all three of my Light Sussex girls layed an egg today! [​IMG] Way to go girls! I wish my Coronation girls would start... [​IMG] Course, now that my only good looking C.S. rooster died due to the heat it wouldn't matter all that much! [​IMG]

~ Aspen

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by