Jumbo Cornish X or Cornish roaster ?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by paridisefarm2009, Jan 22, 2013.

1. paridisefarm2009

paridisefarm2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2009
    Hudson Florida
    Okay hello everyone I need input please

I will be ordering my Birds this will be the 3rd time for me to be doing meaties
    my question is
    Has any one ever got the roaster instead of the X rocks and if so what is really the difference , I don't want to feel scammed
    Because I have always ordered the X Rocks But I am reading the roaster could get to 10 lbs
    Is there REALLY a difference in the birds Or are they Basically The same exact Bird, they are running the same price and I was thinking about ordering half and half But I am afraid I will not Be able to tell them apart and that would defeat the purpose of getting 2 different ones So if anyone out there has any input please pass it along Because I need help deciding what is the best way to go
    Also I have had good luck with Murray McMurray But the price is higher than say Myers , But Myers is only offering the "white Broiler" @ 1.17 for 50+ and Murray is 2.13 for 50 +
    So I guess what I am really saying is If there is No difference Between the birds I will go with the 1.17 Price What do you all Think .? Thank you Jean

2. homestead tim

homestead tim Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    i would say they are very similar. I have been raising roasters for a couple of years now and saw the cornish x at the fair. They look the same to me!

3. Tabasco Jack

Tabasco Jack Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2013
    Draketown, GA
    I've only raised the roasters from McMurray. They do grow a little slower. Mine were around 8 pounds live weight at 8 weeks. I did not have any leg problems or heart attacks. I am well pleased with them and am doing them again this year.

4. paridisefarm2009

paridisefarm2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2009
    Hudson Florida
    Well I placed my order today and got the BBQ special From mc murray , they told me is a mix of the roasters and the X rock , If I can Get a 8 lb bird I will be happy .. thanks everyone

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by