Jumbo Cortunix....EGG MACHINES!pics**

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by SamG347, Jun 12, 2008.

1. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Well I have some quail out there that are cranking out GIANT eggs as far as quail go. I took some cell pics of 2 of the BIG eggs and also 1 of the 5 DOUBLE YOKERS.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Awesome--do you sell those? I have a TON of Cortunix eggs, as well...but they're not jumbos.

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    My God, what do your birds look like??? My little Japs are still young and lay pretty big eggs,, but not like that! Are they fertile?

4. naturemom

naturemom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2007
    northern IL
    Wow! That really does not help my attempt to quell my desire for quail! They are so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    one of my girl's died today [​IMG][​IMG] she got ate

6. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Are yours the A&M Giant White Coturnix? Or do I have them mixed up?

We have about 90 eggs from the A&M Coturnix due to hatch on Tuesday, so I was curious what kind your's were.

-Kim

7. deeszoo

deeszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Sam,

I have never heard of double yolkers from quail! What kind do you have? What are you feeding them? And are you selling hatching eggs??? (Can't send the double yolks for that)

DeAnna

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Please elaborate ...
    i want to know more since i have 37 XLD1's on day 8 in the bator. There are 5 huge eggs wonder if they are double yolkers too...

9. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    I raise Jumbo Browns and Goldens. Yes I do SELL HATCHING EGGS.....

24+ eggs for $8.00 + $9.80 shipping

I feed mine gamebird starter and try to give them a pampered life. I dont ship double yoke eggs...number one because they wont hatch...number two because they wont fit into my quail egg cartons lol. I have an EGGBID auction going on right now for anyone interested. And if you want eggs and dont feel like bidding just shoot me a PM.
    [​IMG]

http://www.eggbid.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1213110956

10. deeszoo

deeszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Yes Connie, that is what I was referring to. Double yolkers just don't normally make it. They would be twins - but there is no room in an egg for two babies to grow so they most often die before it is time to hatch, if they even start to develop. I have read lots of stories about people trying, but not one where someone succeeded. That doesn't mean they haven't, but it would be very rare.

Thanks for the info, Sam!

DeAnna

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by