Jumbo Coturnix Trio pricing?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Bettacreek, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Looking to get a trio of jumbos from a guy in the next town over. Just wondering what you'd charge or pay for a "proven" trio? Thanks guys. [​IMG]

2. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    15 bucks is as high as I would probably go. Since I can always just hatch myself birds.
    [​IMG]

3. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    depends on how proven...if proven is several years not very darn much they will be dead soon! If proven means birds that have just started laying and several babies hatched...$10-15 for me would be tops...I bet yo can talk him into less...I sure can be when I have a bunch!

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I got $3 per adult from my friend down near breezewood [​IMG] Prooven [​IMG] I doubt i'll be selling many breeders as I'll probably just cull excess for my freezers tummah [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I sell mine at $4 for females and $3 for males. At least that's what I try to get. I wouldn't go any lower than $3 and $2 though, if they want them badly enough they'll pay it or hatch their own! It doesn't put me out at all to keep them!

6. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Thanks guys. I'm unsure of their age. The guy wants $20 for the trio. I think I may just wait and see how my hatch turns out, or order more eggs once we get the tax refunds back, because then I'll have a real incubator (or two or three, lmao). I think I'd prefer to raise them from eggs, but I figured if I bought a trio, I could use two bators and keep a constant hatch of quail going and just keep setting eggs as they're laid, instead of having to buy one big batch of eggs and set them all at the same time. I think I'll hold off on the pair and just fill Sam's bator with a few button eggs and wait on the coturnix.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by