Jumbo Coturnix ???

Discussion in 'Quail' started by josh, Jan 12, 2009.

1. josh

josh Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    Will Jumbo Coturnix eggs fit in the white egg cup on the little giant turner? The Universal or would I have to buy the quail? It's the 6200.

2. spookyevilone

spookyevilone Crazy Quail Lady

Oct 5, 2008
    Minneapolis
    Quote:You can use the regular one. Cut a kleenex into quarters, fold the quarters into quarters, put it in the bottom of the turner, put egg on top. Works fine for regular and button quail eggs.
    -Spooky

3. josh

josh Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    Thank. I am going to buy some eggs and couldn't find the cup local right now.

4. Epona142

Epona142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
    Absolutely. I have regular coturnix quail eggs and they fit just fine in the regular turner. In fact, look at this thread about it that I started:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=114179&p=1

When I got my eggs, they fit in there perfectly, no need for a stopper in the bottom even. So I am more than willing to bet that jumbos will work even better! Good luck!

5. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:yeah i agree, and esp on the jumbo eggs part! Atleast some of my jumbos lay some biggun eggies, so thered be no need for support in the turners. But for pharoah eggs i could deffialty see needing to possibly (for some) add something to keep the eggies from rocking too hard...either way i dont think they'd fling out or anything. [​IMG]

Good luck with your future eggies! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by