JUMBO egg cartons

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by SandraChick, Oct 24, 2007.

1. SandraChick

SandraChick Chillin' With My Peeps

OK....all you chickeners!

What is a good source for a FEW jumbo egg cartong. I have two and they're falling apart from too much use!

Sandra

2. SimplcitiyAltered

SimplcitiyAltered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Grand Ridge, Iillinois
  3. xchef95x

xchef95x New Egg

Jul 20, 2007
    bridgewater ma
    go to a local kitchen and ask if they can save you a couple of empty flats.. flats hold 2.5 dozen and can be cut to accomidate what size you need. (try a breakfast place 1st because they go through eggs like crazy.) and best of all its FREE!!

4. EggCentric

EggCentric Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Ball Ground, Ga
    I have a few jumbo egg cartons you can have. I bought a bunch of them, and then the chicken stopped laying huge eggs,, go figure. If you pay the shipping, I'll send you some. email me.

Or you can order some from eggcarton.com mine were 15.95 total and that's with shipping.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  5. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yep, lot's of free sources for clean once used cartons. I made the the mistake of ordering 200 jumbo cartons before I found all the free cartons. Now I have prolly a 1,000 or more, and they just keep coming.
    Church's with a kitchen and different things going on is a possible place. Friends or neighbors with children is another.... Good Luck!

bigzio

6. SandraChick

SandraChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Well-

I was hoping for a dozen or so. They work well for duck eggs which I should soon be getting again.

The ones I got were from people that gave me some of their used cartons and I just got lucky there were a couple Jumbo's in the pile. Most people buy Large or XLarge cartong though.

I hadn't though of cutting up the flats---do you think that they would stack ok with jumbo eggs in them??

EggCentric----I just might take you up on your offer...

Sandra

7. xchef95x

xchef95x New Egg

Jul 20, 2007
    bridgewater ma
    Jumbo eggs? hmmm maybe not but then again for your average size egg they should do. We recieved a glass tray that we keep in the fridge that is the same size i get from work (i'm a chef) and even my Bigger eggs sit in it well.

8. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I have prolly 200 jumbo cartons here that are brand new that I really don't need. I know the shipping was more than the price of the cartons. i would work something out with someone in need for a fair price.

bigzio

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by