1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Jumbo Ringneck Pheasant chicks wanted

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by BigBird999, Apr 6, 2018.

1. BigBird999

BigBird999 Hatching

Apr 6, 2018
    Southern Idaho
    Hi,

I'm looking for 1-2 dozen jumbo ringneck chicks. (These are the birds that get up to 7 lbs for the males) They seem to have gone extinct. I have purchased these birds before from PurelyPoultry.com and later from Strombergs.com but neither has them available this year. Several other online sources have them listed as "out of stock".

Usually the eggs have been available on ebay, Craigslist, and other places but I see none now.

If anyone has them for sale or if you know of a breeder who does, please let me know.

I am not interested in the xl ringnecks which ARE available from the online suppliers but which only get 60% of the size of a jumbo. (I've raised both in the past)

Thanks.

2. lee miller1

lee miller1 In the Brooder

Nov 2, 2016
    Have you tried looking at strombergs? It looks like you can get 25 straight run jumbos for right around $200.

3. BigBird999

BigBird999 Hatching

Apr 6, 2018
    Southern Idaho
    Yes, I ordered from Strombergs online. They processed my credit card and I thought I was good. 30 minutes later they called to apologize that they would have none this season. The lady said that their supplier lost his flock to predators.

4. Tony K T

Tony K T Crowing

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Yes they have seemed to disappeared.I haven't seen any around for years.
    In N.H.,Tony.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: