Jumping Chicken!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CJW, Nov 4, 2010.

1. CJW

CJW Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2010
    Great Falls, MT
    Our oldest son has trained "Boogs" (short for Booger) to jump for treats. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is clipped on her right wing, too.

2. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Cute picture! I have a BR who does the vertical leap when I have treats. I find it quite unnerving [​IMG]

3. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    OMGOSH ..how sweet!!! [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Nice action shot!

5. heidi73931

heidi73931 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2010
    Garden City, Ks
    Oh My Goodness!!! That bring back great memories. When I was a little girl I also had a chicken who would do tricks. I took her a a couple of our 4H hand pet shows and little talent shows and would win. She was the best thing ever.[​IMG]

6. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

LOL My boys make our girls jump for treats, too. Now the guineas have gotten in on the act. Treat time looks like feathered popcorn at our house![​IMG]

7. Ravishaw

Ravishaw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    when my kids go outside the chickens jump and take whatever they were unlucky enough to bring outside with them. They've lost hotdogs, popsicles, pizza, popcorn, watermelon went real fast, and even scrambled eggs.

8. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    Yea... I don't consider a trick here at my house! LOL JK My chickens are just the WORST theiving rascals you ever saw! I go out with a bread bag or a pan or anything at all, and they are all swarmed around "hollering" at me! And don't even think about taking the bread out of the bag or they jump up and use you like a backboard on a basketbal hoop to grab the bread and keep on running! The only one I let purposely sit on me and eat is my little half-blind chicky named tootsweet! LOL

9. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Cute pic!

My brother made a pet out of one of my Buff Orpington pullets, and trained her to do the same thing last fall. He finally named her "Ducky" this summer. Here's why... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I gave her four duck eggs and seven chicken eggs to hatch. She broke one of the duck eggs early on, but she hatched three ducklings and six chicks! Pretty good for a first time, I thought!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by