Jumping for Joy

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ClareScifi, Jun 9, 2011.

1. ClareScifi

ClareScifi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Yesterday my chicken came running toward me when I called her for a treat. Halfway to me, she suddenly jumped up at least 18" in the air, then landed on both feet, and then continued making a beeline toward me. It was so cute. Why do chickens jump like this in the middle of running? I felt so flattered!

2. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    No clue... but that is so sweet...

She was so excited [​IMG]

3. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    Why do chickens do anything that they do? Never have I seen an animal that can leave you smiling, laughing and totally perplexed all with one motion. I can see myself slowly fading into addiction. Alcohol,drugs and food all have support groups,do chicken addicts have one? Oh wait I am already there,with people who share my addicition of chickens! [​IMG]

4. emptynester

emptynester Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Beaufort, SC
    Isn't it amazing they are able to do things to make you smile each day? Even my husband who was not wanting chickens when we started has taken to sitting next to the pen and watching live chicken tv in the evenings.

5. char259

char259 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Waynesboro
    "Chicken TV" The best channel going! Even my MIL who is decidedly a 'city girl' loves that channel. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by