Well my wife and I have been talking about getting some layers for a while. We finally decided to go for it...and thanks to BYC we have been successful so far. I have less than great DIY skills but am a pretty good planner so I think it came off pretty well. We started with a 4'x8' coop design got it built and then got some great 6 week old chickens! One BR cockerel and three pullets and 2 beautiful Welsummer pullets. After getting them home and in the coop I found a thread a few pages back for 3, 20 week old Welsummers! One gorgeous roo and 2 hens. So we quickly built another coop for the little ones and got the older Welsummers!! Man talk about jumping in over our heads!!! Well enough talk on with the pics...Please excuse the pics. We still have some trim to get on the main coop. We are going to add 1x4's around the hen house painted white to cover the edges. And I still have a little work to do on the roof. one of my "helpers" ready to go starting to come together my other "helper" now it's starting to look like a coop Residents!!!! the kids are in LOVE!!!