June 28th Swapper's Day. Danville Ohio!!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Harley's girl, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey all you Buckeyes!
    Check this out.

*******Swapper's Day********
    June 28th
    Daylight to dark
    $10.00 per space

Danville Auction, LLC
    15780 Body Road
    Danville, OH 43014

This will not be for just chickens. You can bring what you want. I am so excited about going! I can't wait. I already have a guy holding a rooster for me!! YEA!! Hope to see all my fellow BYC Buckeye friends there! [​IMG]

2. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Is there a website or anything for the swap? I might be interested, well a whole day of poultry! Who isnt? [​IMG]

3. Harley's girl

No web site. It is Amish owned and run. I went to the auction today and got 3 Appenzellar Spitzenhaubens. The parents came from Switzerland!!! They are beautiful little girls! I paid $3.00 a piece for them!! [​IMG] Not bad huh? I am really looking forward to going! From sun up to sun down looking at chickens....what a perfect day!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

4. spatcher

spatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Virginia - Southside
    WOW! An auction and a swap meet on the same day in DANVLLE!

One in Virginia and the other Ohio !!!!!! Lol

5. Harley's girl

Quote:Yeah I seen that too! Isn't that neat?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  6. wvtoliver

wvtoliver Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2007
    West Virginia
    hi i have a dumb question.

which danville OH
    when I put it in mapquest there was 3 results. I need to know which county.

i would love to go since I missed lucasville OH yesterday. It was just so hot and we had to drop the hay fields. hated missing it but i will go in october.

let me know about danville OH please.

7. Harley's girl

Well...that is weird. State Route 62 runs right through Danville.

On the swappers paper it has directions...horrible as they may be they are on here. lol
    Here is what it says.

35 miles south of Ashland or Wooster.
    22 miles west of Millersburg.
    50 miles north east of Columbus.
    12 miles East of Mt. Vernon.
    1/2 mile east of Danville.
    off State Route 62 on body road-15780
    Hope this helps. Danville is on the outside of Mt. Vernon. If any of your mapquest results are close by the city of Mt. Vernon than use that one. Did you put in the exact address? I use yahoo maps myself. I like it a whole lot better than mapquest. [​IMG] But that is just me. [​IMG]

8. wvtoliver

wvtoliver Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2007
    West Virginia
    wow that is a 4 hr drive for me. don't think with the price of gas and the long drive that i could make it. do they have itat other times during the year.

9. Harley's girl

Not sure, I have never been to a swap meet. I was at the auction on Sat. talking with a local breeder and he asked if I was coming to the swap. I asked what swap? And he handed me a paper with the info on it! I am really excited about going......especially since he has a cuckoo maran rooster for me!!! [​IMG]

I just looked at the schedule from last year and there was no swap. This may be there first one!!! How exciting!!! [​IMG]

10. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    Thanks SOOO much for posting this!!! I only live twenty miles or so from there. Cya there!!!

Maybe I'll make a BYC T-Shirt to wear!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by