June 7th Charlotte, MI

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by LyonFuzz, Jun 2, 2008.

1. LyonFuzz

LyonFuzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    South Lyon, Michigan
    Michigan bird and game breeders assoc swap meet. I went to the one in Imlay City back in April and had a great experience...for a new chicken fancier:)

2. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    Lyonfuzz, do you know what time it starts? I plan on going, taking lots of birds, but don't know what time they will be open.

3. chickychee

chickychee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Michigan
    I believe they start at 6:00 am. Thats what time all the others start.

4. Frizzledhen

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    Thanks, I did receive notice of the swap and it does start at 6 am. Now tell me how I am suppose to take care of all my animals and birds and pack up over 50 chickens and get there by 6 am and get any sleep Friday night. [​IMG] Guess since I don't usually go to bed before 1 am, I will just stay up all night and when the swap is over, come home and count all my money [​IMG] and then go to bed.

5. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

Is this at the fairgrounds?

6. Frizzledhen

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    Yes, the same place we had the freeze out last month. Weather is suppose to be 86 degrees and partly cloudy. [​IMG]

7. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    ooooo... I can't wait! [​IMG]

8. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

Quote:Yeah, it sure was cold back then. should be a lot nicer this time.....I hope to make it, just to look around of course.

9. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    If I have a few extra chicks come Sat..... I had some mutts that I don't intend to keep and I may have some left over (son's friend is taking some tomorrow) ... how does that work if I want to bring them to the swap? Is there a fee? Do they have to be a certain age?

10. Frizzledhen

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    Seller fee is $15. Might be cheaper to give a few away than to pay $15 to sell a few.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by