1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

JUNE 7TH Hatch date ~ looking for hatch buddies

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by segnenlea, May 17, 2011.

1. segnenlea

segnenlea Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2009
    Pontotoc,MS
    [​IMG]

I just finished hatching 7 babies this weekend and now I am ready for my next batch. These are from my own babies though~ they are a Black Australorp hen bred by an Orpington Buff rooster. The 4 babies that I hatched from them were so beautiful that I had to do it again. lol ~ These are for my own flock though. I sat 14 eggs this time so I can't wait to see how it goes.

Is there anyone else who has a date for the 7th or close to it? Since I am still a newbie ( in fact, the 7 babies I had this weekend were my 2nd hatch. None of the first hatch ever pipped [​IMG] ) I could use the support ( and shoulder! lol)

Christi

2. azfordby4

azfordby4 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2010
    Chandler, AZ
    We just put seven eggs under our broody little bantam cochin last night. She's been broody for so long that we decided to give her a chance. They're six jersey giants and one surprise egg that the guy called a "giant egger"--jersey giant dad and easter egger mom! Looks like our due date is June 6th. We've never hatched eggs before, or even had baby chicks, so this should be an experience!

3. L.L Farm

L.L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    Maine
    I have 30 B/B/S/Lav/white Orp eggs arriving tomorrow and will be going in the 19th along with some eggs from my Old English bantams. If everything goes to date, the 21st day of incubation should be on the 9th [​IMG] This is the first hatch I am doing from eggs that are shipped. Connecticut to Maine. Isn't to long of a shipment, so we'll see how it all plays out. I'm really hoping for some Lavenders & Splashes.

Good Luck! [​IMG]

4. Donner

Donner Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2010
    Issaquah, WA
    I put 6 eggs under my Broody Minorca last night. So, June 7th is the scheduled hatch date.

5. L.L Farm

Aug 23, 2010
    Maine
    I just got surprised by a neighbor, i'm gonna have 3 Peacock eggs I am also going to be throwing into the incubator [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

She has all India Blue's and another one that i forgot the name, they were almost all black but not quite. Those are setting as we speak along with some bantam eggs from my own flock, and my 30 B/B/S/Lav/White Orp eggs should be arriving today as well.

Good Luck to all on their hatches![​IMG] [​IMG]

6. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Set 12 BB Red OEG bantam eggs. Hatch date should be the 7th. This will be my second hach ever, first hatch didnt pip the same as yours segnenlea. Sorry you lost your babies, I know what it feels like. But congrats on your second hatch. [​IMG] I hope my hatch does well this time. I have only ever used my hen to hatch out eggs. Any helpful advice would be appreciated from everyone. I have a LG still air with auto turner. The temp is a steady 100 degrees. [​IMG]

7. L.L Farm

Aug 23, 2010
    Maine
    Sorry about your first hatch [​IMG] My advice would just be to not get to excited and open up the incubator all the time. That was my problem with my first hatch [​IMG] Now I control myself [​IMG]
    I just check a few times a day for the temp and humidity, then i forget about it for a while. My first candling is day 7. With eggs that are easy to see thru ill throw out the ones that are not developing. I candle again day 14. then 17, then lock down and i never open up the bater except to place a sponge.

Good Luck!! [​IMG]

8. segnenlea

Oct 7, 2009
    Pontotoc,MS
    Thanks all~ I am so excited about this hatch! I have a paper that shows when I put the eggs in, what day to candle them, lock down, and hatch day..... With a big note that says DO NOT OPEN lol.

Christi

[​IMG]

9. segnenlea

Oct 7, 2009
    Pontotoc,MS
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

June 7th is almost here! I can't wait for June 4th (my lockdown date) that is when i will really become nervous. I candled my eggs on the 24th and out of 14 eggs.... 12 are fertile and growing! [​IMG]

How about all of you? How are your babies doing?

Christi'''[​IMG]

10. stuckinthecity

stuckinthecity Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    My EE hen is supposed to hatch June 7th!!! IT'S ALMOST HERE GUYS!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by