June bug party

they'reHISchickens

Songster
11 Years
Oct 31, 2008
Reading
We just had an inch of rain after a month of drought and this afternoon we saw June bugs swarming over the lawn. SWARMING.
Chickens had a field day!
How long does it take to empty their crops so they can go get more!?!!?!?

they'reHISchickens :

We just had an inch of rain after a month of drought and this afternoon we saw June bugs swarming over the lawn. SWARMING.
Chickens had a field day!
How long does it take to empty their crops so they can go get more!?!!?!?

Overnight

Imp​

Before I had chickens, we always had a bunch of dead june bugs under our outdoor lights. I have wondered if I could dry them and keep them for winter. Mine will eat june bugs until they look like they will explode! I hope they are not bad for them

One of my girls ran into the coop chasing a Junebug the other day. Not into but INTO as in SPLAT!!

She jumped up and chased another one!!

I took one of those Jap. Beetle traps/lures and hung it in both runs. I cut the bottom out of the bag so that when the bugs came fell in they fell right down into the mouths of waiting chickens

Lilly (our littlest dog) LOVES to dig... and hunt... possums make sense, but when she's hunting grubs it's freakin' hilarious. Dig dig dig... ear to ground... dig dig dig... ear to ground... eventually she'll find one and eat it... one less june bug to get annoyed with.

Back
Top Bottom